Sunday, September 6, 2009

R & R

Well, I thought it was about time to return the the land of the blog. I had a great visit with the family for my 2 weeks of leave from Iraq (I'll post a few pics of the deployed daily life later). I sure miss being with the family. We had a fun visit to Scotland, and a lot more fun just being together. Enjoy!

We spent a lot of time on double decker buses and trains, but the kids didn't seem to mind...

We first visited Edinburgh and the nearby Alnwick Castle, better known to the kids as Harry Potter Castle.

They enjoyed dressing up as knights, battling dragons, and meeting Hagrid and Dumbledore.

We also spent some time searching for the Loch Ness Monster. Nathan thought he caught a glimpse.

Our final destination was Fort William and another train ride, Hogwart's Express (seems to be an underlying theme on this vacation...).

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, love you guys. What great pictures - wonder how big the monster was?? Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete